Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Don't Ever Change

Hello Crafters!

It's Kelly here popping in to share a quick and simple, but brightly colored, card with you!

Did you see we are carrying stencils now? There are so many wonderful designs available. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Waves stencil. I think it makes the most fun backgrounds!!

We are also using some fabulous products from Wow Embossing Powders this month. 




I laid my stencil down and created a super fun background with my distress inks. I just love how it came out. I created a second piece so I could pop up the chameleon from Jungle Fever.  
Warning, if you're going to emboss on top of distress inks make sure they are dry. In fact heat set it just to be sure :) Since you can emboss with distress inks they stay wet longer. Your embossing powder will stick to everything!! Ask me how I know. ;)

I stamped the chameleon in Versamark and heat set it with Ebony Embossing Powder from Wow. One of the wonderful things about embossing powder is it really helps an image pop against a very busy background like this one. In order to get the placement right I laid my chameleon down on my card base while I stamped the sentiment. I removed it to heat emboss. I trimmed out the chameleon and popped it up on dimensional adhesive. I was very careful to match up the rainbow stencil pattern. I had to stamp the sentiment before I added the image because it's very difficult to get a good image stamping around dimensional adhesive. Again, ask me how I know ha! 

I think he pops just enough don't you?

Before I take off I wanted to remind you that we are currently having a Guest Design Team call. We would love to have you apply so we can see what you're making!

Thanks for visiting!

XoXo
Kelly 

Jungle Fever

Waves




1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I just love the colorful design on this!! Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete