Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Guest Designer Sarah Gray Part 2

Hello, Sarah from Funky Fossil Designs here again.  I am so pleased to have the chance to share a couple more of my cards inspired by the fabulous Create A Smile stamps.  This time I have used Eggstraordinary Egghunt as we are just a few days away from Easter.  However, I am sure that I will be using these cute characters all year round Smile
First up is the cute chick:



    

 

I wanted to use spring pastels to give my card a fresh look.

The background was created by putting a Simon Says stencil through my die cutting machine to give it some texture.  With the stencil still in place I inked over with Tumbled Glass to highlight the circle design.  I stamped the chick in light grey and watercoloured with distress inks, creating a light blue shadow around it.  I layered the die cut circles up and combined with the sentiment.  The sentiments in this set are great for adding a bit of colour and ‘eggstraordinary’ is combined with a die cut from Simon Says.


There is quite a lot on this card but using a repeating element like the circle ties the design together.



Next I have a bright, fun easter card:
 

I wanted to try out paper piecing with this fun bunny.

The rabbit was stamped several times on patterned paper and I cut out the ears and belly from the pink paper.  I also die cut a polaroid frame (Lawn Fawn) and used a sunburst patterned paper inside the frame.  I partially inked the frame to give it a bit of definition.  I die cut and adhered a happy sentiment (Hero Arts) at the top.


I love patterned paper but often find it hard to incorporate in to my card designs.  Using it in a contained way through paper piecing means you can combine patterns without losing that lovely white space!
Christine’s great stamp designs provide so many options for fun and happy cards – I love working with them!  That’s it from me – I hope that you have a great Easter Smile
Sarah x



4 comments:

  1. This stamp set is so great - love it and love your cards too. Oh and thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Have a great day and Happy Easter. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun Easter cards! I especially love the second one with this awesome use of patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fantastic! Love that little chickie and what a brilliant way to use more patterned paper. Might have to try doing this myself to use up my paper stash........

    ReplyDelete