Monday, April 27, 2015

Sketchy flowers......

Hi there it's Anja again, and for today I would like to focuse on flowers.


 
 



I wanted to create a bouquet with the different flowers and do some no line watercoloring. I loved the watercoloring but wanted something different so after all the watercoloring was done I traced all the flowers with a black marker to create a sketchy look.





First I took a watercolor paper panel and stamped the different flowers in antique linene distres ink and masked a lot. After this stamping I placed the negative from a circle die over the flowerbouquet and used the waves stencil to create a background.
I then watercolored all the flowers using distressink. After the flowers were dry I came back with a black finetip marker to trace the lines of the flowers again to get a bit of a sketchy look.
To give it some more interest I stamped some leaves in black ink.
Took a chipboard word banner and colored it with a black marker.
To finish it I placed some sequins at random.
I could have placed my panel on some white cardbase but I would like to use the colors in the panel to come back in my cardbase. Adhered the kraft and the panel in a slightly angle to give it more dimension.





Stamps;



Chipboard;



Stencil;







After no line watercoloring you could give your card a complete other look by tracing the images with a marker to get a sketchy look.
To give your card more dimension try placing your layers in a slightly different angle.




Did you notice that our stencils are back in the store?
And make sure you join our special event here on the blog and on facebook, you don't wanna miss this.....

 
Have a great week, Anja



2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card. The red is SO pretty and love the tilt of backgrounds and the stencil works perfectly with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very pretty, love the cluster of blooms!

    ReplyDelete