Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Congratulations Baby Card

Hello Crafters!

How are you guys? It's snowy as all get out here in Ohio but I just saw someone post that we spring ahead in 37 days so I'm looking at the light at the end of the tunnel. Not that I can complain too much it's been a very mild winter. With lots of happenings though :)


A co-worker of mine was recently blessed with another baby girl. I wanted to drop off some food to them (Who needs to worry about food with a newborn right?!) and also a card. Since Create A Smile has so many cute little images I knew it would be a snap to create. My biggest struggle was deciding what cuties to include!! 

I started by stamping the pig because he would be in the foreground. I masked him (or her!) and then stamped the stack of presents. I didn't need to mask the duck or elephant. The duck has black feet and so is the bow it's sitting on so no point there. The elephant is already designed to be popped over something. I just had to add two lines on either side of him so he would have a body. 


I did copic coloring with some light pinks and yellows. I wanted a neutral to balance it out and the cool grays were perfect. I added designs to the paper with a black journaling pen to color in. After the coloring was done I added even more detail with white, pink, and yellow Souffle pens. The dry opaque so they are perfect for adding color over color.  To set off the background a bit I outlined the images with a soft blue green color. 

The copics I used are: C1, C3, C5, Y00, Y11, Y02, Y08, RV10, RV11, and RV34. 

Try combining your stamp sets to get the theme you're looking for. None of these images came from a "baby" themed set and yet it all works to achieve just that. 

Don't forget to link your own projects up to our sidebar so we can enjoy all the cards you're making too! 

Thanks for dropping by! 







Friends and Couples 

Lovely Critters 

Poppin Over 

Wrap It Up



6 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I love your card, the colors are beautiful! Can you tell me witch copic colors you used?
    Hugs Antonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The Copics I used are: C1, C3, C5, Y00, Y11, Y02, Y08, RV10, RV11, and RV34.

      Delete
  2. This is to cute for words! I love the colors, there's my favorite color yellow again, and I love how cute the animals are. If I was going to have a baby, I would love to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute !! Loved the coloring on card and the design on gift boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute !! Loved the coloring on card and the design on gift boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colorful card...love the card's design.

    ReplyDelete