Friday, October 21, 2016

Warm Wishes from Pretty Penguins!

Hi there!
Samantha here with you today, and I'm sharing a fun, totally "me" kind of Christmas card! Why is it totally me? Well, it has rainbows, mist and watercolor! Ha!




     

I promise I do try to use other color combinations besides rainbows...it's just that they're so pretty! And those little penguins all in rainbow order? I couldn't resist a fun twist on a holiday card! :)


So, let's start making this card! It's pretty easy, and it didn't take that long, win!! :)

- I started by stamping the penguins onto some paper. I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, and for those babies, I like to stamp onto some Strathmore Mixed Media paper! 
- I colored the penguins in (rainbow!) and then fussy cut them out once they were dry




- On the card front, I used a circle die cut that was hanging around my desk for a while and then spritzed it with a light grey mist! LOVE the subtle texture and color that adds! 
- I arranged the penguins around the circle, and then used one of the chipboard pieces from the Snow Dance Kit to finish it off! LOOOOOOVE how it looks!



You don't have to use rainbow colors, of course...but why not!! Lol! You could choose one color (green, for instance) and color a bunch of penguins in varying shades of green to create an ombre pattern! You could create a watercolored background with rainbow colors and grey penguins if you're more into that! This card design is SO versatile! 


I used the cute cute cute Cool Buddies stamp set for that ADORABLE little penguin image! And then, as I mentioned, the phrases is provided in the Snow Dance Kit which will be restocked! Yay! :)

    

Guys, the Cool Buddies stamp set is ON SALE!! Pick up while you can and then you can start your holiday cards, too! :)


~Samantha 

   

2 comments:

  1. Just so sweet...love all your colorful penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the most colorful penguins I have ever seen! I love them and my nephew would love them too. He is a penguin fanatic.

    ReplyDelete