Friday, February 3, 2017

A Million and One Thanks Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a card with some flowers! 


     

My inspiration for this...one word: Kelly Latevola...yeah...she's AMAZING!! Check out this card!! 


This card was so fun to make, but it did take a little bit of time!
- I started by stamping three of the flower images onto watercolor cardstock
- I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in only TWO different greys! That's right: all of the grey work was done with only two of the markers! So fun!


- once the flowers were finished, I moved onto the cardfront
- I stamped the flower images onto my cardfront in the places I wanted them. Then I scribbled some of the Zig colors onto a piece of packaging from an old sticker sheet, spritzed with water and pressed it to my cardfront! It's such an EASY way to add a watercolor look!
- once the cardfront is dry and watercolored to your liking, I fussy cut out the flowers and adhered them to the card.
- the sentiment was heat embossed onto a black strip of cardstock and popped up!


You could create something similar to this look with colored pencils or copics, too! Instead of a watercolor look, it would give you a soft, fade out! 


The gorgeous flowers are from the Botanical Love stamp set, and the sentiment is from Mini: Thanks!

    

Oh my goodness! Have you seen the newest release?! It's magic and wonderful and unique! EEEEEK! 


~Samantha

    



     

1 comment: